Judicial Mental Health Advocate
THIS OFFICE IS NO LONGER THE GENERAL ASSISTANCE OFFICE. IF YOU NEED GENERAL ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CALL OUR VETERANS AFFAIRS OFFICE AT 712-957-0031.
MH Advocate Abby is the Judicial Mental Health Advocate for Care Connections of Northern Iowa and Sioux Rivers Mental Health and Disability Service Regions; Clay, Dickinson, Lyon, O'Brien, Osceola, Palo Alto, Plymouth, Sioux and Emmet Counties in Northwest Iowa.
The Mental Health Advocate is appointed by the Court to advocate for persons under a mental health court commitment per Chapter 229 of the Iowa Code. When an advocate is assigned, the advocate assists people with the following:
- Understanding and following the court’s commitment order
- Providing information regarding the rights of a committed person
- Giving Support, answering questions, investigating concerns and making needed referrals
- Informing the court if the services of an attorney are necessary
The Mental Health Advocate position requires significant travel, therefore voicemail is available. Please feel free to leave a message and your call will be returned.
- Judicial Mental Health Advocate Brochure
- Judicial Mental Health Advocate Grievance Information
- JAMI District Map
- Judicial Advocates by Mental Health and Disability Service Region
- Care Connections of Northern Iowa MHDS Regional Site
- Sioux Rivers MHDS Regional Site
- O'Brien County Resource Directory 2020-2021
Abby Wallin, MS
O'Brien County Courthouse
155 S Hayes P.O. Box 380
Primghar, IA 51245
24-Hour Crisis: 844-345-4569
Due to travel required by the Mental Health Advocate position, appointments should be scheduled in advance if possible. Office hours are subject to change.