O'Brien County Environmental Health
Environmental Health Specialist
155 South Hayes, PO Box 525
Primghar, IA 51245
Environmental Health is a branch of Public Health that is concerned with all aspects of the environment that may affect human health. It is the goal of the O'Brien County Environmental Health office to protect the environment for future generations of O'Brien County residents.
Services offered by Environmental Health:
Private Water Wells
- Free water tests on new and existing private wells are done by appointment.
The County will pay the following for plugging abandoned wells and cisterns:
- Up to $500.00 for wells
- This money is available through the Grants to Counties Program.
- Cisterns $300
Onsite Wastewater Systems
- Any new or exixting homes that are not connected to the city sewer system are required to have an onsite wastewater system.
- Time of Transfer certified inspector lists are available.
- Radon test kits are available with informational packets for a fee of $8.00.
- Click here for more radon information from the Iowa Dept. of Public Health
- Mold cleanup information.
- Carbon monoxide information.
Forms & Applications:
- 542-0062 DNR Time of Transfer future inspection waiver
- 542-0063 DNRTime of Transfer demolition inspection waiver
- 542-0064 DNR Time of Transfer Inspection future installation
- OSWAP Approval Form
- Septic Permit application
- Well plugging form